Monday, March 17, 2008

The outer beauty...

There are so many things which I think are of so much of a significance when others think it is a total waste of time. Like painting my nails. I guess its an important thing coz I think only nail paint can make my hands look beautiful. As far as my beauty goes I am always very particular you know. I apply all the make up in the world every day!!..(this is one of the reason y I come late to college every day!!) well, the truth is that I have always felt that im not beautiful.. I have my reasons to believe so…I have a dark complexion. Since my childhood I have a fantasy for fair skin. A woman with a fair skin looks good even without make up on. Everything suits her complexion. People admire her more and morever she feels good about herself u know..but with me things have been different..ive always wanted fair skin…I like big eyes and that’s the reason I think I have small ones. And I have a fat nose…it not as fat as it is sounding actually!! But u kno I like a sharp nose and thin lips but mine are broad. Even my cheeks are so plump..and my hair….oh I like long thick hair but mine are thin and short and bad..!!so basically I think I need make up to make myself look the way I like to look. Even though from childhood I have heard ‘you kno black is beauty’…n …’my baby is looking so beautiful’…but all these beautiful words always reflect back from my ears. I don’t believe in everyone’s words. I listen to evry one who says im beautiful and charming but believe in none..(this reminds me of a beautician who told me ‘you are so beautiful…why do u tie your hair’ tat day for a brief moment I felt on top of the world….only a brief moment….it all came to an end the moment I saw other girls at the food court)...you see every one wants to make me feel happy and loved...but wat I fail to explain each one is that I don’t feel miserable for the way im nor do I have complex with those who are beautiful ….i just wish I looked better than I do..it means a lot to me!!...i sometimes wonder how I turn out to be like this when all my family members are so beautiful..both my sisters look beautiful and mom’s like a doll, then wat has gone wrong with me?
When all these thoughts come to my mind I suddenly come to think of how trivial my grievances are….i always think of the society and its problems. I think I am a contradiction within myself. When I can think of my own beauty so intensely how will I ever be able to imagine the woman’s agony whose face has been an acid attacked?

5 comments:

Akhilesh said...

nice piece, i guess u r diary keeper and this 1 comes from there. physical beauty is just another dead thing unless inner beauty accompanies it.........n tumhare paas to budhu dono hain.....:)n dis time i mean it, as most of da time sm funny things cm out which i dnt mean........nice blog keep writin......

Akki said...

Hey... I like the way you put your thoughts.. very honestly into writing.. and you know yourself extremely well, though it doesn't appear to be a virtue, its one of the best things to have...
An excellent start!!! :)

MIC Bloggers! said...

Aaaaaaasssshikaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!
Welcome to blogdom!
You're dark? Like black? Am I colour blind?

S Ramanathan said...

LOL!!, assuming MIC bloggers is Rags, too good! these northi indian gals...!! haaa!!! ;)

ruchika said...

well i agree with you on the part that everyone likes to look good, and people who spend time in doing that, do no wrong.
Talking about beauty, scientifically, they say beauty is more about symmetry. so its not just about a perfect nose, a pair of big eyes or shapely cheeks. its the combination of all your
features on the whole and every one has unique facial features. its not a very good idea to analyse each feature in isolation. Trust most of the ppl when they tell you that u look pretty, coz you do!!:-)
so dont ever wish that you had a straight pointed nose like aishwarya rai coz it might make you look ugly than making you look more beautiful.;-)
between do you know what "phi" is.. chek out this link and you can read about "phi" smwhere in the midddle of the article.
http://www.usaweekend.com/03_issues/030601/030601symmetry.html